Shopify is here to save the day if you want to give online stores a shot but have no idea where or how to begin. Here is everything you need to know about it.
Shopify - What is It?
It is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform. The platform is used to aid businesses in making online stores without putting a dent in their wallet.
Also Read: Is Shopify good for Beginners
It is a sales program with different subscription-based plans, for the most part. When you sign up for Shopify for the first time, you can have a free 14-day trial and see if this works for you or not.
How does it work?
Shopify works by sorting out all product details, data, and customer services in one place. This allows you can easily access everything. Most online stores will have boring layouts that might look monotonous to the creative eye. However, it gives you many options to make layouts of your choice and change them around to make an engaging, easy-to-use, and interactive online store.
Also Read: Shopify SEO Guide
Pros and Cons
Here are some advantages and disadvantages:
- Low Price: Shopify is one of the few platforms which care for small or new business owners. It gives you a variety of plans to choose from, the lowest ones starting from $25 onwards. Who doesn’t love a reasonable and less expensive way to start an e-commerce business?
- Simplicity Wins: Shopify believes that simplicity is superior to everything. It is so easy to use and has features you can implement in your online store with the click of a few buttons, so there’s no need to be a coding or tech wizard to own an e-commerce business.
- Expensive Add-ons: Shopify has different and associated plugins and add-ons, which make the whole experience much better, but they come with a huge price tag.
- Shopify’s Cut: Since Shopify is not a self-hosting platform, it does take a cut from the revenue you make in transaction fees, which is a non-negotiable rate of 0.5 to 2.0%. Other self-hosting e-commerce platforms charge no fee, making them preferable.
What do Shopify Plans Offer?
Here are the most sought-after price plans:
- Shopify Lite is the simplest package (costing $9/month) but isn’t help you grow your online store professionally.
- Basic Shopify costs about $29/month and gives you access to the buy button, 4 inventory management services, two staff accounts, and in-person shopping facilities.
- Shopify costs approximately $80/month, providing 5 inventory services and 5 staff accounts, and discounts on transactions and credit cards.
- Advanced Shopify costs $299/month, providing international shipping and custom facilities, 8 inventory services, 15 staff accounts, all selling channel services, and higher discount rates.
It is a one-stop shop for all things e-commerce. It is a singular platform that helps build a decent online business, from physical products to digital services.
Also Read: How to make money on Shopify