A website is a web page or web document written in HTML (HyperText Markup Language). You can use any internet and web browser to view these web pages at any time. The HTML language is used to write programs and code while making a webpage. The steps involved in making a webpage are essential and can be learned quickly.
To create a website, Text or HTML editors generate an HTML page or program. These editors are the software that guides us to write our code with a trouble-free user interface. However, today in this blog, we will guide you in creating a webpage or HTML using only Notepad Editor.
In Windows Computers, Notepad Editor is a built-in text. For the Linux Operating system and Mac, similar editors can be found to create a webpage. For beginners, it is advised to use the default and simple editors like notepad rather than using various advanced HTML editors or software. Therefore, starting learning HTML, beginning with the default notepad editor, is recommended.
Creating a Simple HTML Page with Notepad Editor for a website
There are five basic steps mentioned below to create your web page using a notepad.
Step 1: Open notepad (in Windows)
- If you’re using Windows 8 or later, click on the Start Screen and type notepad on the Search bar.
- For previous Windows 7 or earlier windows, Click Start, go to Programs, available Accessories, and click on the notepad.
- Create a New Document
- Select File, then click New on the Notepad Menu.
- This action will lead you to a new blank document to begin writing your first HTML Program
- Write your HTML code or program
- To write an HTML code, you need to have some knowledge regarding it. However, if you know how to write it, you can start with your HTML code or copy the HTML Program mentioned below in your notepad document.
- Save the HTML Page for the website
- Once you are done writing your HTML code, click the Notepad Menu, Select File, and Save the document. You can also use a keyboard shortcut like CTRL + S to save the document directly.
- The program will take permission to save the file on your computer. Make sure to name the File with a.html extension and then press Save. (For instance, program.html)
- View the HTML Page by using any Browser
- Web browsers are programs or software that are used to view Webpages/Websites. You can find Internet Explored by default if using a Windows Computer machine. You can also download other popular web browsers such as Google Chrome or Firefox. Use any of them.
You can view the HTML page by using a browser as the software or programs of web browsers are used to see the Websites/Webpages. If you use Window Computer Machine, then you can find Internet Explorer by default as well. You can also use and download other famous web browsers like Firefox or Google to view your HTML page. The output of your HTML program will be opened in a web browser and will show the output based on your code.