Kubernetes Training: A Complete Overview
Kubernetes certification training has become very significant and is curated by the top experts in the industry.
This training help the candidates clear their Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Examination on their first attempt.
An interactive CKA course needs to be created so that students can learn the ways of setting up Kubernetes Cluster, configure networking, and so on all by themselves.
Such a Kubernetes training online is usually live and expert-led designed to help you to master all the important concepts of Kubernetes, along with practical demonstrations that can make you a successful Kubernetes professional.
Kubernetes is the name of an open-source platform for container orchestration that has automated a multitude of manual processes required to deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications. It is now possible to cluster groups of hosts that run on Linux® containers. Kubernetes actually enables you to manage these clusters easily and efficiently.
Kubernetes boasts of a large and fast-growing ecosystem. Although it cannot be counted as a conventional and inclusive PaaS system, Kubernetes has been made for helping you in delivering and managing containerized, legacy, as well as cloud-native apps.
Expectations From Kubernetes Training
- Gaining hands-on understanding to properly handle Kubernetes in order to deal with real-world problems
- Extensive Hands-on using Kubernetes Components
- Introduction to deploying stateful and stateless apps
- Ways of exposing the app out of the cluster
- Installing Kubernetes Cluster on Virtualbox, Google Cloud, and other similar Platforms
Benefits of Learning Kubernetes
Usage of container technology is witnessing a huge surge in the last few years with an increasing number of organizations realizing the capacity of this technology. Such businesses deploy a significant amount of containers thereby requiring techniques and frameworks to assist in automation as well as management of the containers. Hence, technologies like Kubernetes which enable the automation of deployment, scaling, as well as management of containerized applications see high demand.
Created by Google, Kubernetes is a container management system used for automating the deployment and management of containerized applications. This works like a portable cloud platform for orchestrating computing and networking. Kubernetes has undoubtedly grown into a crucial aspect of DevOps teams because of the help it provides for easily managing the containers.
According to a recent Datadog survey, the use of Kubernetes has continued to increase across global container environments. Clearly, the need for knowledgeable professionals who have worked with Kubernetes is also increasing, as businesses require experts capable of managing such containers.
Kubernetes had witnessed a noticeable popularity surge in 2017 with its demand continuing to rise, opening the opportunity for several individuals as well as organizations to use their expertise for positive growth in their careers.
Let us look at a few benefits gained by a professional on completing their course of Kubernetes:
- On the basis of the Neuvoo salary report, an Engineer with the Kubernetes Docker certification earns $150k per annum on average.
- You could be working for your dream business as a Kubernetes developer after the successful completion of your course.
- Kubernetes is the foundation of a Fortune 500 transformation, and that is the reason professionals with an understanding of Kubernetes are in high demand.
- Expert Kubernetes professionals are prepared to begin their careers as automation engineers or DevOps engineers.
Candidates that have the following skills will definitely have an added edge while enrolling for the Kubernetes Training:
- Essentials of Docker
- Basics of Linux Administration
- Basics of Networking
Suitable Benefactors of the Course
- System Admins
- Professionals interested in the deployment of apps
- Persons planning to get a solid knowledge of Dockers fundamentals
General Syllabus of Kubernetes Training
1. Introducing Kubernetes
Students will be able to differentiate Virtualization from Containerization, learn Docker Essentials, and know the reasons for the demand for Kubernetes.
- Essentials of Docker
- Virtualization vs Containerization
- Growth of Kubernetes
- Reasons to use Kubernetes
- Docker Swarm vs Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Using Case studies
Installation of Virtual box, Installing Docker or Docker-Client, Creating a Docker Image with YAML.
2. Kubernetes Architecture
Understanding the major aspects of Kubernetes Cluster- Master along with Nodes and AddOns
- Understanding Kubernetes Architecture
- Introducing Kubernetes Master
- Introducing Node Components
- Constituents of Kubernetes Master
- Case Study
3. Installing Kubernetes
Understanding the installation of Kubernetes Cluster on various Platforms
- Installation and Configuration of Kubernetes locally through Minikube
- Creation of Kubernetes Cluster in AWS and Google Cloud
- Creation of 2 VMs via Virtual Box
- Downloading and installing “kubectl” and minikube
- Starting minikube & deploying sample deployment
- Listing all nodes of clusters
- Stop and delete the cluster
- Using Kubernetes Dashboard
- Making Kubernetes Cluster in Google and AWS Cloud
4. Deployment of Applications Through Kubernetes Cluster
Understanding Pods as well as ways of deploying an app by “kubectl” commands
- Introducing Pods
- Lifecycle of Pods
- Using Pods for management of multiple containers
- Deployment of Pods through Replication Controllers
- Case Studies
- Deploying containerized app image in minikube
- Seeing Pods and Nodes
5. Service, Label, and Replica Set
Defining a Service, process of scaling up or down the replicas of applications, rolling out updates to applications along with autoscaling containers.
- Service Overview
- Labels and Selectors
- Scaling out deployment with Replicas
- Autoscaling Horizontal Pods
- Balancing Loads
- Providing Updates
- Case Study
- Creation of a Service
- Utilizing Service for exposing App
- Introducing work with labels
- Scaling the deployment Up or Down to the maximum or minimum replicas
- Checking rollout status to rollback updates
- Delete created services
6. Management of State using Deployments
Learning the deployment of both stateless as well as stateful applications along with scaling the stateful sets while providing rolling updates
- Working of StatefulSet
- Management of Pod policies
- Strategies of OnDelete and Rolling Updates
- Persistent Volumes
- Cluster DNS
- Deploying Stateful as well as Stateless applications
- Creation of Persistent Volumes
With the help of all the information provided above, you must have got an overview of the Kubernetes training aspects. You will surely be able to grow to your fullest potential by taking up the best Kubernetes courses that are meticulously designed by top experts in the field.