7 Best Free Driver Updater Tools In 2020
Driver Updaters are software programs used to update the drivers installed in your Windows PC.
The drivers, which provide a software interface to hardware devices which you can know about over here, enable the OS to interact with the hardware. Hence, it is essential to regularly update the drivers so that your computer can run smoothly.
Here we have listed seven best Free Driver Updaters in 2020 along with their pros and cons that might be of assistance to you.
1. Driver Booster
Driver Booster is one of the best Driver Updater software packages out there which searches and updates drivers for the Windows OS. It has both free and paid versions, and the most significant plus point is there is not much difference between them.
- Driver Booster can sense all the critical updates.
- Before you install or update a driver, it displays the comparison between the new driver version and the one you are currently using.
- It is compatible with all the versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10).
- It has a silent driver installation.
- It comes with a comprehensive driver collection to update a variety of computer hardware devices.
- Automatically scans for outdated drivers on your PC.
- Also generates a restore point before updating drivers.
- The installation is time-consuming.
- You need to click on each device one-at-a-time to update it manually.
- You will need an active internet connection to scan for updates.
- It takes plenty of storage space.
- It always urges you to buy the Pro-version.
2. ITL Driver Updater
ITL Driver Updater is one of the most trusted first-rate free Driver Updaters in 2020. It allows you to improve the system’s performance by updating all the outdated drivers of your PC for free.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- The detection and installation process is very speedy.
- Compatible with old and present versions of the Windows Operating System (7, 8, 8.1, and 10).
- Updates are automatically identified and completed.
- Boosts the performance of your computer and repairs all kinds of hardware issues.
- Comes with a comprehensive system driver collection.
- It lets you ignore drivers that you want to exclude from updating.
- The Backup and Restore feature is available only with the Pro version.
3. Driver Talent
Driver Talent, previously called DriveTheLife, is one of the best tools available. It not only lets you update drivers but also repairs corrupt programs. It quickly evaluates problematic drivers and detects hardware.
- Allows users to download new versions of drivers without network connectivity.
- Lets you pre-download all the drivers necessary for the computer to reinstall them for another system easily.
- Completely compatible with all versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10).
- The software itself downloads swiftly, and the updates are installed faster.
- Has a lifetime license.
- The drivers get backed up before each installation.
- The drivers are downloaded automatically.
- User-friendly and also safe.
- You need to reinstall to change the language.
- Several features are shown that aren’t free.
- Each driver needs to be downloaded one-by-one.
- Some keys are too small for titles.
4. Driver Genius
Driver Genius is a unique Drive Updater tool that sorts out driver related problems as well as other computer issues. It has a vast library of drivers, and its performance is extraordinary.
- Automatically presents results when you click on Scan.
- Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- Has a vast collection of drivers in its database.
- Lets you backup installed drivers.
- Users can roll back system state to the previous recovery point.
- The interface is not user-friendly.
- In the free version, download speed is restricted.
- The feature of One-click update is available only in the Pro version.
- Additional features are only offered in Pro.
5. Driver Easy
Driver Easy is one of the most used Driver Updater software of 2020. The free trial of the software helps you scrutinize your entire system to identify outdated and absent drivers.
- Can scan without an internet connection.
- Customer support is excellent and quick to respond.
- Can be used both for personal use and for business purposes.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
- Driver downloads are time-consuming.
- Updates need to be installed manually and individually.
- Fails to detect drivers sometimes.
- Certain additional features only available after payment.
6. Driver Max
The DriverMax Updater tool is a free tool for all recent Windows versions.
It can routinely scan your entire system and locate the outdated device drivers that need to be updated or fixed right away.
- Installs drivers automatically through the application.
- You can even schedule a scan in advance with this software.
- Backup options are available.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
- Detects hardware devices.
- Identified as unsafe by antivirus tools.
- Can’t execute a bulk download of drivers.
- No actual updates are available in the free version. It can only scan.
- Confines driver downloads to 2 per day and 10 per month.
7. Snappy Driver Installer
Snappy Driver Installer is a free software program that permits multiple driver updates at a go. It detects outdated or broken drivers and downloads files required for updates. Then the user can set up updates with or without the internet.
- Quick installation.
- Unrestricted downloads allowed.
- Offline installation is available.
- No advertisements.
- Also compatible with Windows versions, XP and above.
- Cannot be scheduled.
- The downloadable packages are enormous.
- The interface is not user-friendly.
Hopefully, with this article, you now have a good idea about how to choose the best Driver Updater suitable for you. It is necessary to keep your drivers up-to-date to ensure the proper and smooth functioning of your computer. So, no matter which software you decide to use, we sincerely hope this article has influenced you!